Product Design Test Template
Why should you use this template?
To create a successful customer experience, you need to understand the people behind your sales figures. What motivates them? What frustrates them beyond imagination? How has your product improved their lives?
All of these questions are at the core of journey mapping, a method which aims to capture the unique experiences of customers by looking for pain points and opportunities to improve.
The beauty of journey mapping lies in its flexibility. Whether you plan to capture a moment of the story with a week-long workshop or conduct a rigorous research plan to get to the nitty-gritty, this template gives you a place to start. Think of it as the first step in your adventure with journey mapping.
Findings from this survey would be a great start to informing a full journey map. Typically, results with this method are reported in a detailed visualization of both quantitative and qualitative data sources that paints the complete picture of your customer’s experience with your brand.
- Explore the pain points and other challenges that your customers face.
- Illustrate your findings in a clear, digestible, and visual presentation.
- Integrate the opportunities for improvement that you find into your product roadmap.
- Gain a holistic view of your customer’s experience with your brand
- These findings can inform countless future efforts so remember that a journey map is a living document
- How often do you login to your company’s ad campaign management platform?
You can watch for patterns in this question–how might the problems of a new user differ from those of an expert user?
- What is usually your purpose when logging in to your company’s ad campaign management platform?
Note that if this was in the distant past, respondents may struggle to remember specific motivations or reasons. some of the best journey mapping findings come from the messy, qualitative data.
- How often do you check how your company’s ad campaigns are doing each month?
Understanding frequency is especially helpful when trying to brainstorm solutions.
- Imagine you’ve just entered an ad campaign management platform. Click on what you would typically do first.
This is where you can begin to see exactly how a user interacts with your platform.
- Which of these actions would you be Most Likely and Least Likely to do on any given day?
Another form of learning how a participant might behave. See what activities don’t usually interest them.
- What is the gender of the target audience?
- What is their location?
- What is their age group?
- How did they hear about your company?
- What are their most prevalent issues?
- How do they discover your website or app?
- What are the most common payment methods they use during the checkout process?
- How do they interact with your website?
- How would you describe yourself?
- What problem are you trying to solve?
- How likely are you to recommend this product to a friend?
- If you could change one thing about our product, what would it be and why?