Product Design Test Template
Customer Loyalty Program
Why should you use this template?
Customer acquisition is its own challenge, but once this has been achieved, your next goal should absolutely be retention.
One great way to keep people coming back is to incentivize their return–which often takes the form of customer loyalty programs. But there are countless ways to approach this, how can you determine the best path forward for your organization?
Start a new idea from scratch or further strengthen an existing program by determining your unique market’s preferences and behaviors.
- Establish an understanding of your customers’ relationship with loyalty programs as a whole
- Determine your customers’ preferred communication methods and program structure
- Evaluate variations in language and design to find the optimal solution for your market
- Validate your design system and its patterns
- Strengthen understanding of your users’ needs
- How often do you participate in customer loyalty programs?
Get a feel for your customers overall attitude towards customer loyalty programs.
- How much do you agree with the following statement? “I feel loyal to some brands”
Further your understanding of their feelings about customer loyalty programs, broadly before honing in on your specific product.
- Which of the following reward models do you prefer?
Next, start digging into the specific reward models you are considering.
- Based on what you see in this email, click what you would do first.
If you have promotional material ready to evaluate, these next few questions are for you. Start with this click question to determine your user’s expected behavior.
- How likely are you to recommend this company to a friend?
An established and easy way to check for the success of your loyalty program is with a quick net promoter score (NPS) check.
- How likely are you to purchase from this brand again?
- Why did you decide to sign up for this program?
- When did you first become a member of this program?
- How long have you been involved with our business?
- How likely are you to switch to a competitor
- How satisfied are you with the current loyalty program?
- How satisfied are you with our business?
- How much do you agree with the statement, “I purchase from [business name] because I want to, not because I have to.”