Concept Testing Test Template
Why should you use this template?
Engaging copy is a cornerstone of any good web experience, so writing excellent copy shouldn’t be left to a guessing game. Everyone has their own style of writing, and it’s up to you to develop a tone and style for your business.
When deciding between different messaging styles, you can compare participants’ reactions and choose a direction that feels most like your brand.
Once that direction is established, all the best writers know it’s important to work through several drafts. When you work in quantity like this, you can use Helio to gather user feedback on each of your drafts to make improvements over time.
- Gauge participant’s comprehension of your content
- Learn how participants feel about different messaging options
- Compare emotional reactions based on qualitative responses.
- Develop a quantitative method of measuring and comparing emotional reactions to messaging
- Quickly iterate on copy by making key changes based on direct user feedback
- Briefly describe what the message on this page means to you.
Start by allowing your audience to explain what you’re trying to say in their own words.
- How well do you understand what the message on this page is saying?
Ask participants what their comprehension level was based on the messaging visual you present. Use a follow-up question to see what participants own explanations of the content will be.
- What impressions does the message on this page give you?
Give 8-10 different emotions or impressions to participants and ask them to select all that apply to the messaging you’ve presented. Use single-word answer options to simplify the decision making for participants.
If testing multiple messaging variations at once, repeat this survey for each piece of content you have. The context should remain the same, with the only change being the copy you’re getting emotional feedback on in the second question.
- Briefly describe what this message means to you.
- Which of these messages would you expect to see based on the description of our services?
- After reading this message, how interested are you in our company’s product?
- Based on this message, how likely are you to refer this service to a colleague?
- After reading this message, what would you most likely do next?