Product Development Test Template
Package & Logo Testing
Why should you use this template?
The product is key. What you’ve created, designed, and delivered to your customers makes up your brand and how people think about it.
However, some companies can take that one step further by making an impact with not only their product, but the packaging it is presented in. Have you noticed the time and care brands like Apple put into their product packaging? *chef’s kissing* it’s practically a work of art.
This type of impact can only be achieved when you know what your audience likes. Before you spend big budget on your next packaging design, put together some digital examples and put them in front of user audiences to get their pointed feedback.
- Determine your audience’s attention to deal when it comes to packaging
- Evaluate how your logo affects the physical appearance of your product
- Learn where user’s visual preferences lie
- Getting feedback on your packaging can save you big dollars before you put in your next order for more product
- Impactful logos in the right place can be a powerful form of advertising for your brand
- How often do you think about the packaging that your purchased items come in?
Start off by testing the waters: does your audience even care?
- How do you feel about the use of this logo on this package?
After establishing interest, put your product visual in front of participants to learn what impressions they have.
- Based on this packaging, how would you describe this company?
This is a great chance to get some qualitative feedback and open the door for any unexpected feelings from your audience.
- Which of these versions do you prefer?
When you have multiple options on the table and need to make a decision quick, A/B testing is an effective way to get straight to the point.
- How often do you purchase clothes in-person?
- Do you have to pay for bags at the store where you live?
- What type of bag do you prefer getting your items packaged in?
- What brands do you know for their exceptional product packaging?
- What is most important about the process of buying this item?
- How well does the logo on this package represent this company?
- Which of these packaging versions do you prefer?
- How often do you notice the design of the packaging for items you buy?