Consumer Profiling Test Template
Why should you use this template?
A huge aspect of customer profiling is the accurate and up-to-date measurement of shopping behaviors that are unique to your customers.
The modern shopping experience is one that combines multiple channels, points of influence, and quickly changing trends that make it difficult to keep track of at a broad level.
Use this test to focus on the most essential aspects of your customer’s shopping behaviors using preference questions and numerical scales for a healthy balance of quantitative and qualitative data.
- Gauge customer understanding and familiarity with your products
- Map out your customer’s typical behaviors
- Spotlight common pain points in the shopping experience
- Results from this test will lead to more robust consumer profiling efforts
- Identifying and solving common pain points for your customers will set you apart from the competition
- How confident are you when deciding on formal clothing to purchase?
Begin by assessing your customer’s baseline attitude towards your product.
- List the most important things you consider when purchasing a [product category] for yourself.
Continue digging into your customers’ thoughts and experiences with an opened question about their influential factors in shopping.
- List the biggest challenges that you experience when you are purchasing formal clothing for yourself.
Collect further rich, qualitative data with one more free response that gets at the pain points most commonly experienced by your customers.
- How experienced are you with deciding formal clothes to purchase?
This next numerical scale will measure your respondents’ expertise within your product area, which is super useful. For example, if the majority of your customers are novice, you may need to adjust your content to be more accessible.
- When you purchase formal clothing for yourself, which of the following are you most likely to do?
Finish the test out with a question that tries to understand the most common behavior for your customers to engage in.
- How does your shopping process differ online vs in a physical store?
- How knowledgeable are you about this product?
- How much research do you do before making a purchase?
- How much money are you willing to spend on ___?
- What motivates you to shop for yourself?
- What motivates you to shop for others?
- What is your favorite store to go to? Why?
- What is your favorite website to shop on? Why?