Shopping Insights Test Template
Validate Product Interest
Why should you use this template?
Validating interest before the big launch is critical to the success of a new product. Ideally, you’ve been conducting market research throughout the process and this test will serve as a confirmation of those efforts.
Your product concept can be presented to consumers in many ways; choose a delivery method that fits well with your market demographics. If time is a factor, a written description is a cheap and easy place to start.
As you’re able to further develop your ideas, consider using this test with a video walkthrough or even a live prototype of your product.
We designed the first half of this test to be usable as is, but you will need to provide your own product concept for a few questions.
- Gauge overall market demand for your product
- Inform product design by looking at weaknesses in competition
- Evaluate consumer sentiment towards your product
- Build excitement for product updates
- Strengthen existing market research efforts
- How often do you shop for clothes online?
Start out by checking on baseline demand for your current product
- How well do you understand what this page is offering?
Determine how well your most recent idea lands with your audience.
- How valuable is this product feature to you and your needs?
Determine perceived value of your most recent idea.
- How likely are you to recommend this product to a friend?
The Net Promoter Score (NPS) is an established metric in market research used as a general benchmark for product success.
- How would you compare our products to our competitors’?
- What are you trying to solve by using our product?
- What other types of people could find our product useful?
- How easy is it to use our product?
- How would you rate the value for money?
- How likely are you to recommend this product to others?
- How could we improve our product to better meet your needs?
- How would you rate the quality of this product?
- How innovative is the product?
- When you think about the product, is this something that you need or do not need?
- If this product were available today, how likely would you be to purchase it?
- How likely are you to recommend this product to a friend? (NPS)
- In your own words, what do you like most about the product?
- Think of competitors to this product. What are the worst things about them?
- At what price would you consider the product to be too expensive?